The sun is high in the sky, the temperature is soaring and work is a distant memory... ahhh finally - it’s beach time! With oodles of time to spare and hundreds of rays to catch, beaching is sport of the day!
After you have rounded up some fun-loving beach buddies, it’s time to pack a bag for the day.
So what do you need? Well, there are** lots of essentials** and there’s other stuff that’s cool, fun and will add some summer sizzle!
The 25 Absolute Must-Haves for the Beach:
• A fabulous bathing suit
• Havaianas flip flops
• High SPF Sun cream with a separate sun block for your face. A tan looks good but how long does it last? Wrinkles and even worse, skin cancer are long term. Be sensible, use a high factor and avoid the midday sun.
• Floppy hat that covers your face
• Hair protector spray - especially if you have high-lights or have coloured your hair. And of course any self respecting beach babe will have their sunnies on already, to protect their eyes.
• Lip protector - I just bought a vanilla one with SPF 20 and I can't stop applying it! Yum!
• Over-sized stylish beach bag
• Sarongs - they are the most versatile piece in any summer bag as they can be used as a cover-up, towel, hammock, or just to dust off the sand at the end of the day.
• Thermal Spring Water for the face - I personally love Avene and La Roche-Posay - not only they hydrate the skin, but they are also so refreshing! I feel like a new person every time I spray my face with this water!
• A good book (preferably with a saucy summer storyline!)
• Beach Towel
• Sarong (in regulation colourful beach print, of course!)
• Fruit - Grapes and Strawberries are my favorites for a day at the beach...
• A chunky bracelet or necklace (preferably made from natural materials)
• Kaftan cover-up
• A compact mirror
• Waterproof mascara
• A new fashion magazine
• Small medical kit – eye drops, plaster, wound disinfectant & cotton wool
• An iPod - the sound of the waves crashing on the shore is heavenly but it’s always nice to hear some chilled beats as you snooze on a deck chair, so don’t forget your iPod!
• Big bottle of Water!!! Don’t forget to take the biggest bottle of water you can find, so you can stay hydrated and avoid sunstroke.
• Your girlfriends!
That’s my beach bag packed and I’m ready to hit the sand! Have I missed anything? Is there anything you wouldn’t go to the beach without?
I love beach time with my girls as my hubby gets too hot and bothered. Who do you like beaching with?
More Fabulous Posts on Summer Fashion:
1. Summer Fashion Trends:
• Great Summer Clothes - Top 35 Picks …
• 8 Hottest Fashion Trends for Spring-Summer 2009 …
• 7 Runway Fashion Trends for Spring-Summer 09 …
• Top 10 Bathing Suits for Summer 2009 …
• 15 Most Daring Shorts for Spring-Summer 09 …
• 8 Tips For Choosing The Right Swimwear …