India! The birthplace of the oldest civilization. The land of the mystical Taj Mahal and the legendary Amitabh Bachchan. The land where ancient history meets the future on the highways and the narrow byways. Do you need a reason to come to India? We think not. But if you are still not convinced, here are 10 of the best reasons to visit India.
1. India Provides a Cultural Weave That is Hard to Rival. Reflecting Not Mere Hundreds, but 5000 Years of Existence, This Land is Truly the Cradle of Civilization. from the Days of the Maharaja’s (kings), to Being Reduced to a Colony, through the Tumult and Triumph of Independence, Even to This Day of Rapid Development, India is Waiting to Share the Secrets of the Journey with You
2. From This Cultural Wealth Comes One of the Most Compelling Reasons to Savor India - the Food! from the Decadent Richness of the Mughlai Cuisine of the North, the Melt-in-the-mouth Confections of the East, the Exotic Naans and Rotis (breads) of the West and the Spicy Curries of the South, Indian Food Will Be One Your Fondest Memories
3. Whether the Shopaholic in You is Rampant or Hidden, You Will Love India. with Ethnic Garments That Will Overload Your Senses with Their Colors and Design, Be Prepared to Pay Excess Baggage! from Crisp Cottons, to Luxurious Silks, from Hand Woven or Embroidered, to Western Brands at Indian Prices, Shopping Rarely Gets This Good
4. Indian Hospitality is Even Warmer than the Indian Summer. the People Are More than Willing to Squeeze You onto Their Already Overflowing Bus, Car or Bike and Will Even Go beyond Their Usual Route to Help You. Strangers Will Warmly Invite You to Their Table for a Meal and Even to Family Occasions like a Wedding!
5. Do You Want to Be Spoilt for Choice with a Vast Array of Holiday Options and Still Stay in the Same Country? under the Indian Sky You Will Find It All - from Adventure, to Scenic and Romantic Getaways, from World Famous Historical and Heritage Sites, to Wildlife Safaris. India is the One-size-fits-all-dreams Destination
6. Indian Cities May Seem an Unlikely Incentive to Visit the Country. but in Fact, They Are Experiences That Should Not Be Missed. Throbbing with Traffic and Music, Delicious Roadside Delicacies, Dogged Beggars and Docile Street Mongrels, Let Your Feet Wander to the Rhythm of a Million Others as You Lose Yourself in the Merry Melee of an Indian City
7. No Indian Holiday Will Be Complete without a Trip to One of the Numerous Beaches and Mountain Getaways. Whether It is to See the Sunset at the Southern Tip of the Country at Kanyakumari or to Dip Your Toes into a Himalayan River so Cold It Will Make You Scream, Indian Topography Will Take Your Breath Away
8. If Fun and Frolic is Not the Primary Reason for a Holiday, India Understands. with the Traditional Namaste (the Joined Palms Greeting), She Salutes the God within You and Invites You to Reconnect with Your Spiritual Side. the Influence of Religion Ensures a Land Where Spirituality is Seamlessly Woven into All Aspects, from Food to Fixing a Wedding Date. Even for a Holiday Devoted Entirely to Pilgrimage Centers, the Variety is Mind Boggling
9. For all its roots and moorings in the past, India is well provided with every modern facility to make your stay completely comfortable. There are stately resorts and opulent hotels in every big city. Telephones and email connectivity can be taken for granted everywhere except in remote villages. Public transport by bus, cab or hired car and driver is easily available and affordable
10. And Finally, Here’s My Personal List of Cities and States That Must Find a Place in Your Itinerary
Himachal Pradesh in northern India boasts magnificent vistas of the Himalayas and offers adventure sport enthusiasts the best in canoeing, kayaking, mountaineering, trekking and base jumping.
Bangalore in the State of Karnataka epitomizes the good things in life. Whether it is software giants or the deliciously cool weather, this city is now a brand name for sophistication, success and trend setting, in international playing fields.
Mumbai in the State of Maharastra is India’s Hollywood and New York rolled into one. From celluloid heroes to the hundreds of homeless, Mumbai captures the glitter, the grit and the grinding hungers of the nation.
The State of Kerala is, I believe, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Rippling brooks and cascading waterfalls will greet you at every turn during the monsoons. The coastline is among the best in the world. It’s not for nothing that the State has the title ‘God’s own country.’
So don’t waste any more time! Pack your bags and don’t look back. India is calling!