1. Yogurt Fruit Parfait ...
**Calories per serving: **170 cal
** Why I Love It:** If you love ice cream sundaes, you'll barely notice the difference when you switch to low calorie yogurt. Go Greek on your plain yogurt for even more healthy deliciousness. My favorite fruit parfait? Mix oranges with your yogurt, drizzle with honey, and add a sprig of fresh mint. A yummy, healthy treat!
• 1 cup of boiling water
• ¾ of a cup of cold water
• 1 cup cut up fruit (strawberries are my fave!)
• 16oz non fat greek yoghurt
• Pack of gelatine cubes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes (2 hours refrigeration)
• Spray an 8 inch square pan with non stick cooking spray
• In a bowl, dissolve gelatine cubes in boiling water
• Stir in cold water and pour into pan
• Arrange fruit in the gelatine
• Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
• Cut into cubes
• To serve, spoon layers of gelatine with yoghurt
Recipe Source: www.cooks.com
2. Angel Food Cake with Fruit ...
Calories per serving: 250 cal
** Why I Love It:** Angel food cake is totally guiltless. Its light, fluffy, and tastes great, but brings very little calories to the party. If you mix it with a delicious fruit compote- try strawberries- it won't taste at all like a diet dessert.
• 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
• 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and drained or 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
• 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
• 2 medium apples, chopped
• 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
• 1 prepared angel food cake (8 inches), cut into 8 slices
• Whipped topping, optional
Preparation time: 10 minutes
• In a large bowl, mix the pie filling, strawberries, oranges and apples
• Fold in bananas
• Spoon a heaped ½ cupful over each slice of cake
• Garnish with whipped cream, if desired
Recipe source: www.tasteofhome.com