2009 was a great year for movies, including family-friendly children’s movies! Whether you fell in love with chubby, industrious Russell in Disney • Pixar’s “Up” (one of the best movies from the lot) or renewed your crush on Alvin and the Chipmunks, or rooted for the Monsters in “Monsters vs. Aliens,” you’re bound to have a favorite children’s movie from this past year… even if you didn’t take the kids! In case you missed any, here’s my list of the ten best children’s movies from 2009.
Director: Betty Thomas
Cast: Zachary Levi, Justin Long, Jason Lee, David Cross, Jesse McCartney, Amy Poehler, and Wendy Malick
I admit it: I thought this movie was going to be horrible. When my daughter asked me to take her to see it, I rolled my #eyes and reluctantly agreed. The previews made it #look wretched, and the soundtrack was even worse. But, and I hesitate to type this publicly, it really wasn’t bad. After a back-stage #accident leaves Dave hospitalized, the Chipmunks enroll in school, and are asked to compete in a Battle of the Bands. Three of their biggest little fans, the Chipettes, are set to compete against them, but in the end, they discover they work better together.
- All the Exercises You Need to Tone a Flabby Tummy ... 8394
- Scarf It up: 17 Fashionable Ways to Wear a Scarf This Winter ... 6576
- 7 Exercises That Target That Pesky Cellulite ... 5215
- 34 Stunning Vintage Dresses You Are Going to Want in Your Closet ... 40718
- 7 Ways to Make Him Regret Breaking up with You ... 39412