This hot chocolate drink is not your ordinary treat of dessert because aside from its rich and very creamy flavor, it will also give you a kick of hot cayenne pepper. If you are going to make this recipe, make sure to make some extra serving because you will end up sipping more of it especially on winter days. The cayenne pepper may make you think twice, but believe it or not, it compliments the chocolate so perfectly in ways that you could never imagine. Really worth a try!
Ingredients of Mexican Hot Chocolate Shots with Spicy Foam:
• 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
• 1 cup water
• 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) * NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
• 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
• 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, divided (optional)
• POUR 1/2 cup evaporated milk into medium mixer bowl; place beaters into mixture. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until ice crystals form around edge of bowl.
• HEAT remaining evaporated milk, water, morsels, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Do not boil. Set aside.
• REMOVE chilled evaporated milk from freezer. Beat on high speed for 1 minute or until very frothy. Add remaining vanilla extract, remaining cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Continue beating for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture forms soft peaks.
• POUR hot chocolate into eight 4-ounce demitasse cups and immediately dollop with foam topping.
• SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve as a rich dessert drink in 4-ounce demitasse cups.
* May substitute NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate Morsels for the