Dreaming of having pristine and dewy-soft skin? Or are you one of the precious few who have it and are fretting about how to keep it that way? Tired of reading about sunscreen and toning and seaweed face packs? Well, we have nothing against those solutions, but we’re tired of them too. Hence, this back-to-the-basics list of 7 easy solutions for a great complexion.
1. Drink water: Yes you’ve heard it before, but this works and is as easy as…drinking water. Eight to ten glasses will wash out the toxins from your system, cleaning up your body and face!
2. Keep your face clean: This is an old one too…but we all know that old is gold. If you have oily skin, wash your face in cool water as often as you can and pat dry. This will prevent clogged pores and blackheads.
3. Keep hair away: Hair carries dust, oil and sometimes dandruff. None of these things contribute to a glowingly clear face. So tie your hair back so that it is not in constant contact with the sides of your face or your forehead.
4. Facials and clean-ups only once every 2 months: Do not fall into the trap of frequent beauty treatments. Steaming and applying packs etc on your face too often will tire and disturb the natural balance of your skin.
5. Moisturize at night: It’s protection during the day and prevention at night. Your skin repairs itself while you sleep. So a light night cream, after removing all make-up will gently assist your skin’s rejuvenation process.
6. Home beauty treatments: You don’t have to trust your face to the care of the experts every time. Your refrigerator and green grocer has some amazing skin care products. Some cold milk dabbed on with cotton will instantly refresh and re-hydrate. A slice of chilled tomato rubbed over your face thrice a week will lighten dark spots and kindle the glow. A face scrub of sugar and olive oil will polish away dead skin and oil wells.
7. Sleep: The easiest of all beauty treatments is also among the most effective. Heard the term ‘beauty sleep’? Well it’s not grandmotherly lore. The prescribed 7-8 hours of sound sleep will prevent wrinkled skin, dull and puffy eyes and dark circles. That’s a big contribution towards a more beautiful you.
So take a good look at yourself in the mirror and head for your kitchen. You will look and feel great when you come back out!