For chocoholics, this is a great recipe that is to die for and you can be proud of to serve in large social occasions;
whether served with creme custard, stout beer or mixed berries, this is the kind of cake that your friends will remember you best.
It is as good as or maybe even better than the one you can get from a restaurant, with very rich and thick chocolate flavour.
It is best served cold and a few days older because its texture and taste gets better in the refrigerator.
Ingredients of Chocolate Decadence Cake:
• 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
• 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
• 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
• 1 3/4 cups white sugar
• 1/2 cup water
• 7 eggs
• 2 cups whipped cream
Directions of Chocolate Decadence Cake:
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease a 10 inch round pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
• Chop chocolate squares and place in a large bowl with chocolate chips.
Add melted butter.
Heat water and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a saucepan until boiling, and then pour over chocolate.
Stir until smooth.
• In a separate bowl, whip eggs with remaining 1/4 cup sugar until thick.
Fold into chocolate mixture.
Pour batter into 10 inch pan.
• Place 10 inch pan on a cookie sheet in the oven and fill the cookie sheet with water.
• Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Cool and refrigerate for several hours.
Be extremely careful not to burn yourself on the hot water when removing the sheet pan from the oven.
• Dip the pan in hot water to remove cooled cake.
Garnish with whipped cream and serve.
More Recipes of Delicious Chocolate Desserts...