This cake is unbelievably awesome, delicious and easy to make and versatile; you can actually use other flavors to make it more appealing to those who are not coffee-lovers, especially kids. Other flavors you can use to substitute for the high-priced and hard to find coffee ice creams are vanilla ice cream, cookies and cream or chocolate sandwich filled cookies.
Ingredients of Frozen Chocolate-Covered Cappuccino Crunch Cake:
• 1 (10 3/4 oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed
• 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
• 4 cups (1 quart) coffee ice cream, softened
• 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
• 1 3/4 cups coarsely crushed malted milk balls
• Frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
• Coarsely crushed malted milk balls, (optional)
Directions of Frozen Chocolate-Covered Cappuccino Crunch Cake:
• Slice pound cake into 1/8- to 1/4-inch slices. Place half of the slices on bottom of 9-inch spring form pan; press down firmly. Set remaining slices aside.
• Bring cream just to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add milk chocolate morsels; let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until well combined and smooth. Pour half of the chocolate mixture over pound cake in pan, spreading evenly to within 1/4-inch of edge of pan.
• Cover; freeze for 1 1/2 hours or until chocolate is set.
• Combine softened ice cream and whipped topping in large bowl. Fold in 1 3/4 cups crushed malted milk balls. Spread over chocolate layer in pan. Cover;
• Freeze until ice cream is firm, about 2 hours.
• Top ice cream with remaining pound cake slices; press down firmly. Spread remaining chocolate mixture over pound cake. Cover; freeze at least 6 hours
• To serve, remove sides of pan. Garnish with additional whipped dessert topping and sprinkle with crushed malted milk balls, if desired. To cut cake easily, run a knife under hot water and dry with a paper towel before making slices.
More Recipes of Delicious Chocolate Desserts...
• Chocolate Banana Cream Pie Recipe …
• German Chocolate Coconut Bars Recipe …
• Sensibly Delicious Chocolate Chip Pie Recipe …
• Chocolate Hazelnut Terrine With Raspberry Sauce Recipe …
• Sea-Salted Smoky Almond Chocolate Bark Recipe …
• Full list of best chocolate desserts…
• 7 Brilliant Home-Baked Cakes …
Please rate this article