With the rising popularity of blogs, social networking sites, and the Internet in general, it's now cool to be intelligent, tech-savvy and a wizard with a laptop. Gone are the 1980s images of uber-nerds who have to form their own fraternities to have friends. These days, if you're really cool, you're a geek.
But are you stuck in the dark ages? Still lusting after smooth-talkin' dudes with flashy smiles and Johnny Bravo haircuts?
If so, it's time for you to get hip. So take some advice from Craigslist's anonymous geek lover, and find yourself a man who can really satisfy your needs. Here's her top five reasons you should date a geek:
1. While geeks and nerds may be awkward, they're well-meaning 9 out of 10 times. I've never had a geek guy not call me when he said he would.
2. In this tech-savvy world, it's great to have a b/f who can make your laptop, desktop, and just about anything else that plugs into a wall behave itself.
3. Ok true, their idea of romance might be to make up a spiffy web-page with all the reasons why they love you, with links to pics of you and sonnets and such... but hey. It lasts longer than flowers, plus you can show your friends.
4. Due to their neglected status, there are plenty to choose from.
5. Come on now, how can intelligence be a bad thing?
For the entire list, check out her Craigslist post.
Please rate this article