No matter what age you are - unwanted body hair is a fact of life, which becomes especially annoying in the summer. Can you imagine yourself at a popular resort, as a hairy-legged gal fabulously clad in a designer bikini? If not, these at-home waxing tips could be of a great help!
Unfortunately, the tools for hair removal are not perfect:
• Shaving can lead to cuts, skin irritations, and ingrown hairs. Another gloomy fact about razors is that they make hair thicker and can even trigger its further growth. In addition, fabulous after-shave smoothness does not last long…
• Laser removal is a costly, long, and painful process, which does not necessarily guarantee a perfect result.
• Waxing (applying hot wax to the skin and then quickly ripping it off) is not perfect either, but it is way cheaper than lasering, lasts much longer than shaving, and can easily be performed at home. A word of caution, though - unskilful waxing can result in bruising or torn skin, which would not look too appealing no matter what side of the bathing suit you are on…
In order to avoid disturbing results of clumsy waxing, and to ensure the perfect fruit of your waxing efforts - oh, that virginally smooth skin! - read and apply our 5-at-home-waxing-tips-from-the-pros:
1. Never wax just after sunbathing or a tanning salon …
Tanning always harms epidermis - the outer layer of skin. So, when you are putting hot wax on it, pulling and ripping it off can peel a few layers of your skin, and you can end up with visible bruises or even scabs.
2. After waxing, wait at least a few hours …
… Before going into a hot tub, sauna, or a public swimming pool. ** **Otherwise, you might be in danger of getting unpleasant skin infections. Slight damage to the skin, caused by waxing, coupled with improperly maintained water provides a breeding ground for bacteria.
3. Do not wax if you have …
• Skin allergies
• Any other skin disorder
• Very sensitive skin
Buy a bathing suit with shorts or a cute skirt and have a nice summer, “au naturel” - your health is still more important!
4. Always read instructions for the waxing products you are using …
Otherwise you might end up with burns or clumps of wax stuck to your skin - uncomfortable and absolutely un-beach worthy…
5 I**f You Are Not Sure How to Wax - Call a Salon for Information … **
** **When it comes to at-home waxing, it’s better not to do something than to do and then regret. If you are unsure about how to use the waxing product you purchased, call the nearest beauty salon for a professional advice. Most of the professionals will gladly explain how to work your home kit and their piece of advice will guarantee you a healthy, beautiful, and hair-free summer! :)
Got some great at-home waxing tips? Please share them with all of us!
Please rate this article