With all the holidays coming, I am sure you will find these 3 Tips on Cooking Turkey very helpful:
1. Making a Perfect Stock
Turkey is a great bird to make stock with. For a perfect stock, use turkey wings and drumsticks, and reserve other parts for the second course.
• Rinse bony turkey parts in cold water
• Place them in a large stainless steel stockpot with filtered water
• Add 2 tbsp vinegar, and let stand for about 30 min.
(Vinegar is added so that to draw beneficial minerals from the bones into the stock.)
• Add to the pot coarsely chopped root vegetables, such as onions and carrots.
• Bring to boil, remove scum that rises on top (use a slotted spoon for that)
• Add a pinch of sea salt
• Reduce heat to a minimum, and let simmer for 6 to 24 hours.
Remember that turkey has a stronger flavour than chicken and will profit from the addition of thyme during cooking, preferably, a couple of fresh sprigs tied together, or at least a pinch of dried thyme.
The longer you cook the turkey stock, the richer, more flavourful, and more beneficial it will be.
• About 10 min.
before finishing, add a bunch of parsley.
• When the stock is ready, remove the turkey pieces with a slotted spoon, let cool, and separate turkey meat from the bones.
• Reserve the meat for making turkey salads, sandwiches, or curries.
• Filter the stock into a large bowl, let cool, and reserve in your fridge until the fat rises on top and congeals.
• Skim off the fat and reserve the stock for making wonderful soups, gravies, or sauces.
- 9 Easy Tips on How to Cook Your Way Skinny ...
- Cooking Tips: 10 Incredibly Easy Fixes for Messy Kitchen Mistakes ...
- 7 Apps to Help You Cook ...
- 8 Cooking Tips for Culinary Catastrophes ...
- Fool Proof 💡 Ways to Deal when Suffering from a 🍕🍝🌯 Food Hangover 🤒 ...
- Clean Eating 🍴 Recipes You'll Enjoy 😊, Especially in Winter ❄️ ...