With all the holidays coming, I am sure you will find these 3 Tips on Cooking Turkey very helpful:
1. Making a Perfect Stock
- Rinse bony turkey parts in cold water
- Place them in a large stainless steel stockpot with filtered water
- Add 2 tbsp vinegar, and let stand for about 30 min. (Vinegar is added so that to draw beneficial minerals from the bones into the stock.)
- Add to the pot coarsely chopped root vegetables, such as onions and carrots.
- Bring to boil, remove scum that rises on top (use a slotted spoon for that)
- Add a pinch of sea salt
- Reduce heat to a minimum, and let simmer for 6 to 24 hours.
Remember that turkey has a stronger flavour than chicken and will profit from the addition of thyme during cooking, preferably, a couple of fresh sprigs tied together, or at least a pinch of dried thyme. The longer you cook the turkey stock, the richer, more flavourful, and more beneficial it will be.
- About 10 min. before finishing, add a bunch of parsley.
- When the stock is ready, remove the turkey pieces with a slotted spoon, let cool, and separate turkey meat from the bones.
- Reserve the meat for making #turkey salads, sandwiches, or curries.
- Filter the #stock into a large bowl, let cool, and reserve in your fridge until the fat rises on top and congeals.
- Skim off the fat and reserve the stock for making wonderful soups, gravies, or sauces.
- All the Exercises You Need to Tone a Flabby Tummy ... 8264
- Scarf It up: 17 Fashionable Ways to Wear a Scarf This Winter ... 6455
- 7 Exercises That Target Your Glutes ... 6273
- 7 Exercises That Target That Pesky Cellulite ... 5155
- 34 Stunning Vintage Dresses You Are Going to Want in Your Closet ... 40418