This is a recipe that you can make to impress your friends and guests, kids and adults alike. A delectable and quick to make recipe and is very delicious though it was not actually very chocolaty but if you want more rich chocolate flavor, you just have to spread a layer of chocolate fudge ice cream topping over the top of the crust. The banana filling leaves a sublime after-glow in your mouth. You can add other fruits like strawberries or cherries and whipped cream to be more appealing to kids.
Ingredients of Chocolate Banana Cream Pie:
- 1 pkg. (16.5 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough, softened
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 pkg. (about 3.4 oz.) banana cream or vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- NESTLÉ NESQUIK Chocolate Flavor Syrup, (optional)
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, (optional)
Directions of Chocolate Banana Cream Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Press 20 squares of cookie dough* onto bottom and up side of prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown; flatten down with back of spoon to form pie shell. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat milk and pudding mix according to package directions in small bowl; refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup pudding over cookie crust (saveremaining pudding for later use). Top pudding with bananas; spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until set. Drizzle with Nesquik; top with morsels. Cut into wedges.
NOTE: May substitute 1 1/2 cups milk for CARNATION Evaporated Milk.
*You will have 4 squares left. Refrigerate for future use or bake and enjoy!