Delonghi is proud to introduce their new Dual Zone Deep Fryer . The dual zone technology with the “cool zone” is located beneath the heating element, prevents food from burning. This unique technology reduces odor and keeps oil clean, for tasty fried food every time. With this deep fryer you can forget worrying about messy, hot oil clean up because this machine features an easy clean oil drain system. Simply open the door on the front of the unit and drain oil through the tube into a storage container. The deep fryer has an extra large 3-lb (4-liter) food capacity that allows ample space for food to fry evenly and completely, for delicious results every time. Its generous capacity makes the dual Zone deep fryer perfect for meals and families of all sizes. This is the perfect addition to your kitchen appliances.
We have found this review on Amazon from T Thayer; The DeLonghi Dual Zone Deep Fryer is not perfect, but when purchased at Amazon’s $80-$90 price range it’s likely the best you’ll find in this price range.I have mad mixed experiences with DeLonghi products in the past. Some of their small appliances have been excellent and have far exceeded their expectations, while others have died prematurely. I’m not sure which category this fryer will fall into yet as I’ve only used it a few times, but so far it does the job well.
**The Good:**** **
• Relatively compact design. Unusual rectangular shape works well and will fit into spaces a traditional round style will not.
• Digital controls and display work well and are easy to read.
• Drain system well thought out and works well.
• Cleaning is very easy (for a greasy fryer that is).
• Power cord uses a magnetic connection for safety (breakaway). This works well.
• Most importantly, of course, it fries very well. For what I’ve used it for (French fries and southwestern Tex-Mex egg rolls so far) it cooks perfectly.
• Control system is weird. For example, you need to set the temp AND the cook time before the heating element will turn on. This is not intuitive, especially if you don’t want to use the timer. Once you figure out these little caveats, the controls work fine and are easy to use.
• Smaller than you might think. I expected the “3 pound capacity” to be larger. But I suppose the advertised “3 pounds” is relative. DeLonghi may have used a chunk of lead for that “3 pound” measurement. This wont hold 3 pounds of onion rings for example. The capacity is “average” in my opinion. For my family of 5 it’s on the smaller end of the spectrum, but usable.
• The cover works well, but a hinged cover would have been better.
• Heating element does not disconnect from the control unit. If it did so it would be easier to clean (can not immerse the control panel obviously).
• The drain valve can, conceivably, be left in the “open” position. A better design would use a self-closing valve - one that you need to hold in the open position for draining, then would automatically close when you let go of it. Just sayin’… (If I were an engineer at DeLonghi…).
Overall, I feel this fryer is worth what I paid ($89). If I had paid MSRP ($140) I don’t think I would be able to say the same. We can only say, $89-140? Wow!
• Extrs large 3-LB. (4-liter) food capacity Ample space allows food to fry evenly and completely, for delicious results every time. Its generous capacity makes the Dual Zone deep fryer perfect for meals – and families – of all sizes.
• Easy clean oil drain system Forget worrying about messy, hot oil. This ingenious system makes draining and recycling cooking oil safe and easy. Simply open the door on the front of the unit and drain oil through the tube into a storage container.
• Digital timer Allows you to accurately set and monitor cooking time, for perfectly fried food.
• Dual Zone Technology The “cool zone” located beneath the heating element, prevents food from burning. This unique technology reduces odor and keeps oil clean, for tasty fried food every time.
• Digital adjustable thermostat Lets you easily set the temperature, giving you the flexibility to fry foods just the way you like them.
• Removable parts Make cleanup quick and effortless. The bowl, frying basket and lid are all dishwasher-safe.
• Permanent mesh filter Located inside the stainless steel lid, the permanent filter prevents the release of oil vapors and odors into your kitchen.
• Viewing window Allows you to safely and easily view the entire frying process.
• No-Print finish Brushed stainless steel exterior with exclusive coating keeps your deep fryer looking like new.
• Removalbe heating element Allows for quick and easy cleanup, and it’s in direct contact with the food for fast and crispy results.
• Cool-Touch removable handle Lets you lift or lower the frying basket for safe operation.
• Detachable cord with patented condesation shield For safer operation, the magnetic cord easily detaches from the fryer if accidentally pulled. This unique safety feature is designed with a patented condensation shield to prevent dripping onto the cord connection.
• Designed and engineered in Italy
Please rate this article