If you're short, like me, you're always looking for ways to elongate your body to try and look taller. The following are some great ways to do just that.
• Choose a monochromatic outfit. Monochromatic doesn't necessarily mean boring. Mix different textures to keep it interesting (i.e. knits with leather)
• Add contrasting color or texture with a blazer, cardigan or overshirt.
• When you are petite (5'3" or under) you need to scale everything down: smaller prints, pockets, etc. so they don't overpower your figure.
• For vertical lines, leave your blazer or cardigan unbuttoned.
• Stripes should be vertical.
• Tie long scarves loosely with vertical dangling ends.
• Match your pantyhose color to your skirt , pant and shoe color.
• Avoid big belts, which will visually chop you in half.
• To add vertical lines, use long necklaces or pendants.
• Make sure your skirt is longer than it is wide.
• Try shoes with at least an inch heel: the taller the better. (Unless your clumsy, like me)
• Elongate your neck with V-necks.
• Don't wear all long items, Contrast your proportions. Wear a longer jacket with a shorter skirt or shorter jacket with pants, etc.
Please rate this article