I have done a lot of research on the Internet pertaining to diet pills. Apart from research, I have also taken a couple diet pills in my lifetime. I have found that there are both pros and cons when it comes to diet pills. Take note that these pros and cons are not based on the “natural” pills. See below for 4 pros and 6 cons of diet pills.
Photo Credit: Miss Loisy
• There are certain diet pills out there, such as the Alli Diet pills, that have been FDA approved.
• Certain diet pills block a percentage of the fat in the foods that you eat.
• They are not considered addictive drugs. This is because they do not cause compulsive drug-seeking behavior.
• Diet pills are also known for getting rid of those hunger pangs that you may have throughout the day. I have taken diet pills and have found that they make you feel full and there are no more hunger pangs. This can be good for people who have eating disorders and overeat.
They give you more energy and most of all, if you choose the right diet pill, they can help you lose weight. But in order to lose weight, you cannot just sit around taking diet pills, you have to also combine it with exercise and healthy eating.
Photo Credit: Tiagø Ribeiro's
• Excessive gas (EWW!) and oily spotting are only a couple of the cons of diet pills.
• Diet pills have been found to speed up the central nervous system (the spinal cord and brain).
• Some diet pills out there have diuretics or stimulants in them. The diuretics and stimulants are known for causing irregular heart rate, nervousness, sleep problems, seizures, high blood pressure, and even death.
• Losing a lot of weight all at one time could be dangerous.
• You may also have temporary hyperactivity.
• Some of the psychological effects that you could get include sense of euphoria and paranoia.
When it comes to losing weight, I highly recommend you using the Internet and doing your own research. If you are thinking about using weight loss pills, then you should find the weight loss pill that is the most effective. The weight loss pill you choose should do more good than it does bad. This means there should not be many side effects. I recommend you looking into natural diet pills, which seems to have fewer, if any, side effects.
You should pair diet pills with exercise. Also, do not forget to contact your doctor and make sure you are fit for the diet pills that you have chosen. Your doctor may offer you a helping hand by pointing you in the right direction as far as diet pills are concerned. If you are excessively overweight, then you may qualify for some over the counter diet pills.
Now that you have read my pros and cons, if you can think of anything else, please feel free to submit them to me. I am very interested in what you may have to say. I am also interested in any experience you may have had with your diet pills, so please share that with us as well. If you found something that truly works, then tell me your secret!
Top Photo Credit: higlu