For many of us Easter is a #time of cute bunnies and chicks and a ton of chocolate and candy and for others it’s a festival of incredibly important religious significance that actually starts 40 days before Good Friday on Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. It’s not surprising that many #people give up chocolate for Lent knowing they are going to gorge themselves sick over the Easter weekend. Abstinence followed by abundance is a well known secular practice but here are 7 strange Easter traditions from around the #world.
1. Thou Shalt Not Knead the Dough
As if men needed any more excuses to stay out of the kitchen, in Poland #men do not take part in baking the Easter bread because his moustache will turn grey and the dough will fail to rise.
- All the Exercises You Need to Tone a Flabby Tummy ... 8064
- Scarf It up: 17 Fashionable Ways to Wear a Scarf This Winter ... 6315
- 7 Exercises That Target Your Glutes ... 6233
- 7 Exercises That Target That Pesky Cellulite ... 5095
- 34 Stunning Vintage Dresses You Are Going to Want in Your Closet ... 39918