Paul Browne, Deputy Commissioner for Public Information of the New York Police Department, held a press conference on Heath Ledger Tuesday night.
He confirmed the following:
• The deceased was discovered by a masseuse and a housekeeper at approximately 2:45 p.m. today.
• The masseuse was there for a regular appointment.
• The deceased was found in his bedroom.
• The deceased was lying on the floor, curled up, at the foot of his bed.
• The deceased was naked and face down.
• There were not pills found scattered around the room as had been previously reported.
• There were some prescription bottles, including prescription sleeping medication, uncovered.
• Police do not know how long the deceased had been in the apartment.
• The deceased was renting the apartment.
• The cause of death has not yet been determined. The determination will be made by the medical examiners office.
**I’m Not There Director on Heath Ledger’s Death: “An Unimaginable Tragedy” **
“Heath was a true artist,” Todd Haynes, the director of Ledger’s most
recent film I’m Not There, tells Us
Heath Ledger’s untimely death is reverberating among his former colleagues.
“This is an unimaginable tragedy,” Todd Haynes, the director of Ledger’s most recent film I’m Not There, told Usmagazine.com in a statement.
“Heath was a true artist, a deeply sensitive man, an explorer, gifted and wise beyond his years,” Haynes said. “There is no finer person on this earth.”
Added Christine Vachon, the film’s producer, “My heart breaks for Heath’s family. Heath was a wonderful artist and a lovely man.”
**Medical Examiner: Heath Ledger Autopsy to Be Completed Tomorrow **
An autopsy on Heath Ledger will be “completed sometime in the the early afternoon” Wednesday, Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the Chief Medical Examiner’s office, tells Usmagazine.com.
Ledger’s body was brought out of the New York apartment in a black body bag and loaded into the Medical Examiner’s truck at 6:30 p.m. tonight.
“We’re conducting an investigation,” she said.
The New York Times reported that signs pointed to a suicide and that Ledger was found “naked and unconscious on a bed, with sleeping pills
Please rate this article