We have all heard the saying, ‘English’ is a funny language and we have all come across instances that really don’t make much sense. But, have you really considered how funny the language is? You will probably be surprised. Here is a list of strange #things about the English language.
1. Collective Nouns
One of the #strange things about the English language is the number of as well as the kind of collective nouns it has. Every collective noun is specific to the group it is describing, but very often it makes no sense at all, for instance, a murder of crows, a sleuth of bears and a parliament off owls.
- All the Exercises You Need to Tone a Flabby Tummy ... 8764
- Scarf It up: 17 Fashionable Ways to Wear a Scarf This Winter ... 6846
- 7 Exercises That Target That Pesky Cellulite ... 5335
- 34 Stunning Vintage Dresses You Are Going to Want in Your Closet ... 41118
- 7 Ways to Make Him Regret Breaking up with You ... 40812