The Wizard of Oz is one of the most iconic films of our time, so it's really no surprise that tons of myths surround it.
Some of them are innocuous, others are downright deadly, but all of them are persistent.
Since I'm a huge fan of the movie, and I'm sure that many of you are as well, I thought I'd debunk some of the most persistent rumors about the Wizard of Oz.
Are the true or are they false?
1. Dorothy's Shirt
Have any of you ever dressed up as Dorothy for Halloween or for another kind of costume party?
If so, I bet you wore a blue dress and a white shirt, right?
Tsk, tsk, your costume was inaccurate!
One prevailing myth about The Wizard of Oz is that Dorothy's shirt, which has become an icon in its own right, was actually pink – and that rumor happens to be true.
Remember, the movie was one of the first filmed in such vibrant color.
It wasn't at all perfected yet, and the production crew found that they got better results by using a pink shirt to film, and simply making it #look white.
- 7 Fascinating True Crime Books to Add to Your Reading List ...
- 7 Top True Blood Blogs ...
- 16 True Confessions about First Dates That Will Make You Feel Less Awkward ...
- These Busty Girl Problems Are Hilariously True!
- 7 Inspirational Quotes from the Dalai Lama about True Peace ...
- Subscription Boxes 👝 👛 You Should Sign up for in 2016 ...