This is a great combination of caramel and chocolate; they melt in your mouth and are so tasty. It is best served cold and you can put them on lollipop sticks and freeze them and dip them in chocolate milk, a twist that will make it a hit to kids. A great comfort food if you want something to eat to make you feel good. If you have problem about the sticky mess afterward, you can use silicone pans to avoid this problem and you will actually enjoy doing this because the caramel slips right out of the pan. No sweat with this sweet treat.
Ingredients of Chocolate Caramels:
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
• 1 cup light corn syrup
• 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
• 2 packets (1 oz. each) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• LINE 8-inch-square baking pan with foil; grease.
• COMBINE butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and corn syrup in heavy-duty, medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and butter is melted.
• Add sweetened condensed milk and Choco Bake. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 25 to 35 minutes or until mixture reaches 245° F on candy thermometer.
• Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Cool at room temperature. Makes about 2 1/2 pounds.
• LIFT from pan; remove foil. Cut into about 1/2-inch squares or size desired and wrap individually in plastic wrap, twisting ends. Store in refrigerator or at room temperature; use within 7 to 10 days.
Please rate this article