Thanksgiving dinner doesn’t always have to be the same old dishes; turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce. There are many new great recipes being created each year. I’ve listed 7 dishes to try this Thanksgiving and I hope you’ll give at least one a whirl this holiday season. Who knows, maybe one of the following recipes will end up making it to your family’s table each year!
7. Mashed Potatoes with Kale and Olive Oil
Photo Credit: g.r.tela
This is a great twist on an old favorite. I love mashed potatoes and can’t imagine having Thanksgiving dinner without them. Take a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and sauté a large bunch of chopped kale leaves, 4 cloves of minced garlic, and 5 chopped scallions. Cook until tender and add salt and pepper to taste. After you’ve mashed up about 3 pounds of potatoes, put this sautéed mixture on top and give a quick stir, then sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- All the Exercises You Need to Tone a Flabby Tummy ... 7984
- 7 Exercises That Target Your Glutes ... 6203
- Scarf It up: 17 Fashionable Ways to Wear a Scarf This Winter ... 6185
- 7 Exercises That Target That Pesky Cellulite ... 5065
- 34 Stunning Vintage Dresses You Are Going to Want in Your Closet ... 39218