Over the years, a number of fad diets have come and gone, but a few have remained 'mainstays' in the fitness industry.
The Cabbage Soup Diet is one of them. Here, you're supposed to** lose as much as ten pounds a week** because for seven days, you will have a diet of cabbage soup (made of cabbage, onions, celery, water and green peppers).
For those who are interested in trying this out, here are the pros and cons of the** cabbage soup diet:**
• Inexpensive and it lasts for only one week.
• No fitness requirements or calories to count.
• The Cabbage Soup diet is not healthy - that's why it is only recommended for 7 days - after which you need to go back to your **regular diet. **
• You can't eat out, and the eating plan is very strict.
• You can't drink alcohol for 7 days.
• The diet causes gastrointestinal problems for many dieters.
As you can see, the cons far outweigh the pros - so the cabbage soup diet is really not for everybody. Learn as much information as you can about it to determine whether this type of **'fad' diet **is suitable for you - or not.
Photo Credit: Kym