It's good to learn at least one thing every day. It increases your brain power needed to live a full life, right? So, here is one thing for each day of the week, except Saturday, which you have two! In this "Did You Know?" article, I decided to give you some (mostly) funny facts!
1. Kentucky Laws Require Everyone to Bathe Daily!
It's true! Kentucky law states that every citizen is required to take at least one bath every day!
2. Every Day More Money is Printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury!
That's right! If only Monopoly money could be spent, this nation wouldn't be in such a financial pickle!
3. You Burn More Calories Sleeping than You do Watching TV
I say, sleep in all you can, then! No wonder I love sleep so much!
4. A Person Will Die from Total Lack of Sleep Sooner than from Starvation
Death will occur in about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a few weeks. So once again, sleep is an important thing, here! May I say it again, I love sleep!
5. Supposedly, the Youngest Couple to Give Birth to a Child Were Younger than 10 Years Old!
According to several fact sites on the internet, (which you know how that is!) the youngest couple to give birth do a child were 8 and 9 years old, living in China in 1910!!!! Can you imagine??? How is that even possible???
6. Here's an Interesting Fact for All You Wives out There...
The phrase 'rule of thumb' is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb. So, in that rule, they could beat the fire out of you with a stick! How loving!
7. The Human Body Burns...
...about 60 calories an hour while asleep, 85 while eating and 130 sitting working at a computer. Now there's an excuse for all you fellow article writers to work on the computer!
8. California Law Prohibits a Woman from Driving a Car While Dressed in a Housecoat
Ok, ladies! You heard the law! No more driving to pick up hubby from night shift in your housecoat! You just might get thrown in jail!
I love crazy facts! It's a little information to cheer the heart and soothe the mind, don't you think? What did you think of these facts? Did any of them make you laugh? Please share!
Top Photo Credit: Rajiv Patel (Rajiv's View)