This delicious cake is always easy to make and it does not call for ingredients that you don’t always have on hand. A small slice of this rich cake was great with cut up fresh fruit: watermelon, grapes, pineapple, and strawberries. The cake was not difficult to make as long as there is ample time. It is truly moist and delicious! The hazelnut flavor was just enough to complement the chocolate. Definitely worth the time and effort–the results are spectacular! This looks and tastes like something from a premium bakery.
Ingredients of French Chocolate Hazelnut Cake:
• 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTL?® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 large eggs, separated
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur or milk
• 2/3 cup ground toasted hazelnuts or almonds
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
• 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
• 1 tablespoon water
Directions of French Chocolate Hazelnut Cake:
• Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 9-inch spring form pan.
• Microwave 1 cup morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
• Beat sugar, butter, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in melted chocolate and egg yolks. Add flour and liqueur; beat until smooth. Stir in hazelnuts. Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate batter. Spread into prepared spring form pan.
• Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out still slightly moist. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Loosen and remove side of pan. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
• Heat butter, corn syrup and water in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Add remaining morsels; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
• Pour 3 tablespoons Glaze into small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Pour remaining Glaze over cake; spread over top and sides. Allow to set for a few minutes. Cut tiny corner from bag; pipe reserved Glaze over cake.
More Recipes of Delicious Chocolate Desserts...
• Tiny Chocolate Cakes and Fruit Kabobs Recipe …
• Individual Chocolate Espresso Souffls Recipe …
• Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cherry Milkshake Recipe …
• No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Pie Recipe …
• Duet of Chocolate and Berry Tart Recipe …
• **Full list of best chocolate desserts…**
Please rate this article