This dessert is so easy to make though it takes a little extra time and effort, tastes great and looks beautiful on the table. The blend of berries and chocolate was light and blended wonderfully. This is an excellent elegant dessert for any get together. It is super easy and delicious! The crust is wonderfully chocolate and the filling is creamy with the raspberry glaze and strawberries on top. The vanilla flavor of the white morsels perfectly offsets the berries and I will make this again. Bring this to any gathering, and you certainly will get rave reviews.
Ingredients of Duet of Chocolate and Berry Tart:
• 1/2 cup NESTL?® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
• 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
• 1/4 cup finely ground pecans
• 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
• 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTL?® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
• 3/4 cup (6 oz.) cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
• 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• 2 cups medium strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
Directions of Duet of Chocolate and Berry Tart:
• FOR CRUST: Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
• Melt semi-sweet morsels and butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over lowest possible heat. When morsels begin to melt, remove from heat; stir. Return to heat for a few seconds at a time, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in graham cracker crumbs and pecans. Press onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Freeze for 5 minutes.
• Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
• FOR FILLING: HEAT cream in small saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to boil. Turn off heat. Add premier white morsels; whisk until smooth. Remove from heat. Reserve 2 tablespoons mixture in small resealable plastic bag.
• Beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar in large mixer bowl for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining white morsel mixture from saucepan. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• Place raspberries and juice in blender container or food processor. Cover; blend or process until crushed. Strain through a strainer into a small saucepan. Discard seeds. Add remaining sugar. Combine lemon juice and cornstarch and add to raspberry mixture. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until thickened; do not boil. Cool to room temperature.
• Place strawberries in raspberry mixture to coat. Remove with slotted spoon; arrange over top of tart. Spoon raspberry mixture over tart. Reheat reserved white morsels mixture in microwave oven on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 15 to 20 seconds; knead. Cut small hole in corner of bag; drizzle over tart. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Remove side of tart pan and place on serving platter before serving.
More Recipes of Delicious Chocolate Desserts...
• Decadent Chocolate Tofu Cheesecake Recipe …
• Chocolate Cream Cheese Flan Recipe …
• Chocolate Decadence Cake Recipe …
• Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe …
• Easy Elegant No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe
• **Full list of best chocolate desserts…**
Please rate this article