This is a very easy souffl? recipe and the combination of espresso and chocolate is perfection! This is the perfect valentine dinner dessert! It’s rich, chocolaty and great for that romantic meal and there is nothing better than the decadent mixture of coffee and chocolate flavors. These are great for a light dessert with all the taste of something rich. Souffl?s are so scary for some people but it actually doesn’t take long to prepare and is light and has both the ingredients that should bring a smile to the face.
Ingredients of Individual Chocolate Espresso Souffls:
• Non-stick cooking spray
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup NESTL?® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
• 1/2 cup hot water
• 3 tablespoons NESCAF? TASTER’S CHOICE 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTL?® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
• 4 large egg whites
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• Powdered sugar
Directions of Individual Chocolate Espresso Souffls:
• Preheat oven to 375? F. Spray eight 6-ounce custard cups with non-stick cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
• Combine cocoa, water and coffee granules in medium bowl; stir until smooth. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in evaporated milk and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Cook, whisking frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Add to cocoa mixture; stir until smooth.
• Beat egg whites and a pinch of salt in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold one-fourth of egg whites into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg whites gently but thoroughly. Pour mixture into prepared cups, filling 3/4 full. Place on baking sheet.
• Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out moist but not wet. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
More Recipes of Delicious Chocolate Desserts...
• Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cherry Milkshake Recipe …
• No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Pie Recipe …
• Duet of Chocolate and Berry Tart Recipe …
• Decadent Chocolate Tofu Cheesecake Recipe …
• Chocolate Cream Cheese Flan Recipe …
• **Full list of best chocolate desserts…**