You will be unbelievably surprised when you serve this delightful and fabulous chocolate dessert because even your husband who hates corn meal could not be able resist the charm and flavor of this moist and smooth cake. Another good thing about this is that it does not contain much sugar, which is of course perfect for those who are diabetic and people who are gluten-intolerant since - this recipe is made of corn meal - but love chocolates and found themselves so restraint when it comes to sweets. This is very satisfying, best served with whipped cream on top of it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Polenta Cake:
• 1 cup water
• 1/4 cup ALBERS® Yellow Corn Meal
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (we recommend LAND O LAKES® Butter), softened
• 3 bars (6 oz. total) NESTL?® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars, chopped
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 4 large egg yolks
• 5 large egg whites
• 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
• 1 bar (2 oz. total) NESTL?® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars, shaved (optional)
Directions of Chocolate Polenta Cake:
• Preheat oven to 300° F. Grease 9-inch spring form pan.
• Combine water and cornmeal in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil about 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat; let stand 2 minutes. Add butter, chocolate and vanilla extract; stir until melted. Cool completely.
• Combine 1/4 cup sugar and egg yolks in small mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is thick and lemon-colored. Stir in chocolate mixture.
• Beat egg whites in large mixer bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Continue beating; gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar. Beat until glossy and stiff peaks form. (DO NOT OVER BEAT.) Gently stir in chocolate mixture. Pour mixture into prepared spring form pan.
• Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake is set in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove side of pan. Serve with whipped cream. Sprinkle with chocolate.
More Recipes of Delicious Chocolate Desserts...
• Chocolate Layer Crumb Bars Recipe …
• Doubly Decadent Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe …
• Spicy Chocolate Cake Recipe …
• Chocolate Lover’s Frosting Recipe …
• French Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe …
• Full list of best chocolate desserts…
• 7 Brilliant Home-Baked Cakes …