If you are trying to do something unique for your loved ones on special occasions, this recipe is just the right choice because this dessert is excellent in all ways; taste, appearance, presentation and is very easy to do. It is something like fudge; the only difference is it is a lot softer, the taste is great, and the sweet flavor of chocolate is enhanced by the tart tang of the cranberry coulis. You may also use raspberry for this recipe if you find cranberry a bit harsh for a flavor.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pate with Cranberry Coulis:
• 1 1/2 cups OCEAN SPRAY® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
• 3/4 cup OCEAN SPRAY® Cranberry Juice Cocktail
• 1 teaspoon lime juice
• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
• 1 large egg yolk
• 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
• 1/3 cup light corn syrup
• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Whipped cream
Directions of Chocolate Pate with Cranberry Coulis:
FOR CRANBERRY COULIS:
• Place cranberry sauce, cranberry juice cocktail and lime juice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate. Makes 1 3/4 cups.
• Line 8 x 4-inch baking pan with plastic wrap. Combine 1/4 cup whipping cream and egg yolk in small bowl.
• Combine morsels, corn syrup and butter in heavy-duty medium saucepan. Melt over lowest possible heat. When morsels begin to melt, remove from heat; stir. Return to heat for a few seconds at a time, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Add cream mixture to saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat for 1 minute. Let cool to room temperature.
• Beat remaining cream and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold chocolate mixture into the whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or freeze 3 hours.
• spoon Cranberry Coulis on a dessert plate. Place a slice of Chocolate Pate on plate. Garnish with whipped cream.
More Recipes of Delicious Chocolate Desserts...
• Simply Rich Chocolate Syrup Recipe …
• Mexican Hot Chocolate Shots with Spicy Foam Recipe …
• Cinnamon Chocolate Pudding Recipe …
• Chocolate Cream Filled Cake Recipe …
• Chocolate Banana Cream Pie Recipe …
• **Full list of best chocolate desserts…**