This elegant dessert is a chocolate-lovers’ dream served in a pool of ruby-red raspberry sauce. Either made with hazelnut liquor, Kahlua,or Frangelica, this will surely become a big hit because of its sweet taste. The rich chocolate flavor, butter and heavy cream might scare off those who have diet restrictions; the good thing is you can make some revisions or changes. Instead of using heavy cream you can use whipped fat-free evaporated milk blended with silken tofu. For chocolate, you can substitute Dutch cocoa and cocoa white baking chocolate bar. This is a wonderful treat that will make almost all your friends take a look at the recipe so they can make this for themselves.
Ingredients of Chocolate Hazelnut Terrine With Raspberry Sauce:
DARK CHOCOLATE LAYER
• 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
• 1/3 cup butter, cut into pieces
• 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur
• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
MILK CHOCOLATE LAYER
• 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
• 1/3 cup butter
• 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed, puréed and strained
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
Directions of Chocolate Hazelnut Terrine With Raspberry Sauce:
• Line 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
• FOR DARK CHOCOLATE LAYER:
Microwave semi-sweet morsels and 1/3 cup butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir in liqueur; cool to room temperature.
• Whip cream in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold 2 cups whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Spoon into prepared loaf pan. Refrigerate remaining whipped cream.
• FOR MILK CHOCOLATE LAYER:
Microwave milk chocolate morsels and 1/3 cup butter in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature. Stir remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Spread over dark chocolate layer. Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
• FOR RASPBERRY SAUCE:
Cook raspberry puree, water, cornstarch and sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Cover; refrigerate.
Invert terrine onto serving platter; remove plastic wrap. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; serve in pool of Raspberry Sauce.
More Recipes of Delicious Chocolate Desserts...
• Sea-Salted Smoky Almond Chocolate Bark Recipe …
• Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe …
• Orange White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe …
• Chocolate “Berried Treasure” Bars Recipe …
• Devilishly Delicious Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe …
• **Full list of best chocolate desserts…**