This cake has the right amount and touch of mint that melts in the mouth with nothing but minty goodness and a texture of soft chocolate like silk, a taste that is so excellent and unforgettable. This is extremely exceptional; the mint cookie crust, cream de le menthe and the cream cheese in the cake are excellent together. Though it was a bit time consuming, it is worth the time and effort. The chocolate makes the cream cheese so smooth and creamy while the mint completes the taste experience with a lightness that only mint can do.
Ingredients of Chocolate Fudge-Mint Cheesecake:
• 20 chocolate sandwich cookies with mint and white filling, crushed
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTL?® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted according to package instructions
• 4 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup cr?me de menthe
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
• 1 pkg. of chocolate sandwich cookies with mint and white filling, coarsely chopped (optional)
Directions of Chocolate Fudge-Mint Cheesecake:
• Preheat oven to 325? F.
• FOR COOKIE CRUST: Combine cookies and melted butter in medium mixer bowl until well mixed. Press cookie mixture onto bottom and 2-inches up side of ungreased 9-inch spring form pan. Place pan on baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes; cool on wire rack.
• FOR FILLING: Melt morsels in uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute. STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Cool slightly.
• Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large mixer bowl until well mixed. Gradually add cr?me de menthe, vanilla extract and melted morsels; beat until smooth. Stir in eggs until just combined. Pour filling over cookie crust.
• Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until 2-inch area around outside edge appears set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Run knife around edge of cheesecake; cool for additional 30 minutes. Remove side of pan; cool cheesecake completely on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
• FOR TOPPING: TOP edge of cheesecake with coarsely chopped sandwich cookies, if desired.
More Recipes of Delicious Chocolate Desserts...
• Dark Chocolate Orange Fondue Recipe …
• Chocolate Covered Cherry Pie Recipe …
• Chocolate-Dipped Fruit Kabobs Recipe …
• Chocolate Raspberry Trifle Recipe …
• Raspberry Chocolate Heart Tart Recipe …
• **Full list of best chocolate desserts…**