If you don’t believe in palm reading, looking into a crystal ball into the future, Tarot cards or even astrology **-you wouldn’t believe some of the other quirky ways that people use to “**predict the future”.
Here’s the list as gathered by MentalFloss.com:
1. Anthropomancy - Divination by the Entrails of Men
2. Armomancy - Divination by the Shoulders of Beasts
3. Belomancy - Divination by Arrows
4. Gastromancy - Divination by Stomach Noises
5. Gyromancy - Divination by Walking in a Circle until the Subject Falls over from Dizziness
6. Myomancy - Divination by Movements of Mice
7. Omphalomancy - Divination by Knots on the Umbilical Cord
8. Onychomancy - Divination by Fingernails
9. Rhapsodomancy - Divination by Random Selection of a Line of Poetry
10. Tyromancy - Divination by Cheese
I myself am a fan of astrology **-I have this e-mail alert which shows what my “**Horoscope of the Day” is. However, I have learned not to take it too seriously, it should all be in the spirit of fun.
But using stomach **noises to **predict **the future? Or tracking the movements of **mice? Despite that adorable film “Ratatouille”, I still have an aversion to these creepy rodents. How much worse will it be if they will be used to determine **what will happen **tomorrow?
Anyway, I bet that divination **by means of cheese, umbilical cord **movement **or arrows are done all in the s**pirit of fun - otherwise, they could be part of a black **witchcraft **thing that most of us would surely want nothing to do with.