Almost every comedy sitcom has them, at least 90% of our friends and coworkers are constantly complaining about them, and chances are you acquired your very own the day you married your man. Yes, I’m talking about meddling mother-in-laws. Perhaps one of the most powerful forces in the universe, and certainly one of the most frustrating, mother-in-laws often end up putting an incredible strain on our marriages. But, since there is little we can do to make them disappear, here is a list of #8 ways to handle a meddling mother-in-law. And no, murder is not one of them!
1. Talk to Your Partner
While you cannot expect your husband to immediately pick up the phone and set his mother straight, he needs to know how she makes you feel. Without making him feel like he is stuck in the middle, ask him what he thinks the best thing would be for you to do. Perhaps he could mention to his mother that he does, in fact, like your cooking and that your #hair is great just the way it is. She has to hear it directly from her son—that’s the only way she will understand.
- All the Exercises You Need to Tone a Flabby Tummy ... 7573
- 7 Exercises That Target Your Glutes ... 6063
- 7 Exercises That Target That Pesky Cellulite ... 4905
- Scarf It up: 17 Fashionable Ways to Wear a Scarf This Winter ... 4413
- 34 Stunning Vintage Dresses You Are Going to Want in Your Closet ... 36617