A lot of #women may already be familiar with the routine of self-breast examination - but did you know that other parts of your body can be checked, too? And they can clue you in if something's wrong with your health.
Women'sHealthMag gives us a preview of some daily self-exams that we can do right in the comfort of our homes.
One good example is examining your nails. If you see horizontal bands of discoloration on your nails – this could be a sign of kidney problems. This is especially true if you have been feeling fatigued for the past few days.
The 'signs' from your nails mean that the kidneys cannot filter out protein from your urine – so visit a general physician ASAP if you experience these symptoms.
The list from Women'sHealthMag comes complete with daily self-exams for your armpits, eyelids, knees, elbows, scalp, belly, tongue and #eyes. Check 'em out.
After all, prevention is better than cure and with these simple steps – you can probably save yourself from a worsening disease as long as you recognize the earlier symptoms when something's amiss with your health!
- All the Exercises You Need to Tone a Flabby Tummy ... 8284
- Scarf It up: 17 Fashionable Ways to Wear a Scarf This Winter ... 6516
- 7 Exercises That Target Your Glutes ... 6283
- 7 Exercises That Target That Pesky Cellulite ... 5165
- 34 Stunning Vintage Dresses You Are Going to Want in Your Closet ... 40418