When I was a teenager, I had this stringent list of what my ideal man should be: handsome, well-off, caring, understanding, God-fearing, intelligent - " I could have gone on and on then about what qualities my partner should have. However, as I grew older, I realized that I could never really find a real person who met all these sterling qualities.
Building a my-ideal-man-list is much like this e-mail that I received which made me laugh out loud, it's entitled "My Ideal Man Checklist". At age 22, the checklist goes much like the list that I had above. Another revised list is made at ages 32, 42, 52, 62 and by the age of 72 there are only a couple of items on the list: that the man should be breathing and not miss the toilet. Well, here's the full version for you to enjoy:
“My Ideal Man Checklist”
What I Want in a Man, Original List (age 22):
3. Financially successful
4. A caring listener
6. In good shape
7. Dresses with style
8. Appreciates finer things
9. Full of thoughtful surprises
10. An imaginative, romantic lover.
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 32):
1. Nice looking (prefer hair on his head)
2. Opens car doors, holds chairs
3. Has enough money for a nice dinner
4. Listens more than talks
5. Laughs at my jokes
6. Carries bags of groceries with ease
7. Owns at least one tie
8. Appreciates a good home-cooked meal
9. Remembers birthdays and anniversaries
10. Seeks romance at least once a week.
What I Want in a Man, Revised List (age 42):
1. Not too ugly (bald head OK)
2. Doesn’t drive off until I’m in the car
3. Works steady — splurges on dinner out occasionally
4. Nods head when I’m talking
5. Usually remembers punch lines of jokes
6. Is in good enough shape to rearrange the furniture
7. Wears a shirt that covers his stomach
8. Knows not to buy champagne with screw-top lids
9. Remembers to put the toilet seat down
10. Shaves most weekends.