With temperatures across the U.S. spiking into the 100s, and some as high as 110 degrees, it's official: it's a heat wave!
The rising temperatures mean we all have to keep in mind some heat-related safety tips. First, don't ever leave kids or pets in the car! It's literally hot enough to bake in there, even after just a minute or two. NEVER, ever leave kids in the car — EVER! And always keep well-hydrated. Keep a bottle of water with you, and drink from it often. You may not feel thirsty, but drink it anyway! Also, avoid fueling your car or running the lawn mower during the day, and stay out of the sun if you can. To avoid brown-outs (rolling power outages), turn your thermostat up a few degree — even this #little bit can make a big difference.
Stay safe, stay cool... and hopefully this heat wave will be over soon!
Photo Credit: feef
- All the Exercises You Need to Tone a Flabby Tummy ... 7944
- 7 Exercises That Target Your Glutes ... 6193
- Scarf It up: 17 Fashionable Ways to Wear a Scarf This Winter ... 6145
- 7 Exercises That Target That Pesky Cellulite ... 5055
- 34 Stunning Vintage Dresses You Are Going to Want in Your Closet ... 39018