September 19, 2007
Designer Zara Bag Pulled from Store Shelves!
What was Spanish fashion brand Zara thinking when they designed a handbag with a swastika on the print?
Fashion brand Zara is in hot water after a customer pointed out that their latest fall bag is decorated with embroidered bicycles, flowers and a SWASTIKA.
As well as being the Nazi symbol, the swastika is also a religious symbol for Hindus and Buddhists.
After pulling all the bags from store shelves as well as from their online catalog, a spokesperson for the fashion chain quickly released a statement of apology: “We did not realize swastikas appeared on some of the bags. Of course we apologize to anyone who was offended by the #bag, and we will be withdrawing it from all our stores.”
… “some of the bags”
- All the Exercises You Need to Tone a Flabby Tummy ... 8394
- Scarf It up: 17 Fashionable Ways to Wear a Scarf This Winter ... 6576
- 7 Exercises That Target That Pesky Cellulite ... 5215
- 34 Stunning Vintage Dresses You Are Going to Want in Your Closet ... 40718
- 7 Ways to Make Him Regret Breaking up with You ... 39412