We stayed in Bergamo by accident. Our flight didn't arrive until midnight so we decided to stay there the first night as Milan is 50 kilometers away.
On looking for an hotel for that night I searched the web and found that one of the 50 #things you should do before you die is to stay in Bergamo - that was enough for me. We weren't sorry we stayed there for the duration of our stay. It really was like staying in an oil painting. I still can't believe I took that first photo.
This was the view from the bus stop. How many bus stops have a view like this?
Bergamo Alta (on the hill) is an ancient city and the buildings are stunning.
Piazza Vecchia was around the corner from our hotel and was undergoing a revamp when we were there but I took this picture omitting the scaffolds. The clock tower has a 24 hour clock as well as the 12 hour one.
- All the Exercises You Need to Tone a Flabby Tummy ... 8394
- Scarf It up: 17 Fashionable Ways to Wear a Scarf This Winter ... 6576
- 7 Exercises That Target That Pesky Cellulite ... 5215
- 34 Stunning Vintage Dresses You Are Going to Want in Your Closet ... 40718
- 7 Ways to Make Him Regret Breaking up with You ... 39412