Warm fire by the chimney, comforting woollen clothes, wrapped presents under a lovely Christmas tree and loved ones to celebrate it with.
What else would you need to complete this picture?
Christmas desserts ofcourse!
As the festive season draws closer, we bring to you a collection of must-try, lip smacking desserts that will take you to heaven and back...
1. Chocolate Fudge:
This recipe is so easy to follow that you cannot go wrong!
And who does not like this classic dessert.
I love it because you can literally eat it however you want...warm, cold, with icecream, whipped cream...the possibilities are endless!
• 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, and chopped (can also use pecans or walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped)
• 1-14 ounce can (396 grams) sweetened condensed milk
• 1 pound (452 grams) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
• 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• To toast nuts: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven.
Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until the nuts are fragrant and their skins start to blister.
Remove from oven and place in a clean kitchen towel.
Roll up the towel and let the nuts steam for five minutes and then rub nuts to remove skins.
Let cool and then chop into pieces.If using pecans or walnuts toast the nuts for about 8 minutes, or until lightly brown and fragrant.
Cool and then chop coarsely.
• Chocolate Fudge: First line the bottom and sides of an 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan (20 x 20 x 5 cm) with aluminum foil.
• Combine the condensed milk, chopped chocolate, and butter in a stainless steel bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water.
Melt the chocolate mixture, stirring frequently, making sure the mixture doesn't get too hot or the fudge may be grainy.
Stir until smooth (it will be very thick).
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and chopped nuts.
• Spread the fudge into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with an offset spatula.
Let it stand at room temperature until it cools.
Then carefully remove the fudge from the pan by lifting the edges of the foil.
With a long, sharp knife, cut the fudge into pieces.
Refrigerate before serving.
- Girls Guide 📚 to Surviving Halloween Candy 🍭🍬🍫 Season when You're Losing Weight ⚖️ ...
- 9 Divine Desserts for Valentine's Day ...
- 7 Yummy Desserts to Make with Candy ...
- 20 Delicious Nutella Desserts ...
- 8 Delicious Healthy Desserts ...
- If You Are Juicing, These Juicing Secrets 🍇😱 Will Make a World of a Difference🍓🍇🍋🍎 🍉 ...