5. The Lost Hours – Kate White
Plot: When Piper Mills was twelve, she helped her grandfather bury a box that belonged to her grandmother in the backyard. For twelve years, it remained untouched.
Now a near fatal riding #accident has shattered Piper’s dreams of Olympic glory. After her grandfather’s death, she inherits the house and all its secrets, including a key to a room that doesn’t exist—or does it? And after her grandmother is sent away to a nursing home, she remembers the box buried in the backyard. In it are torn pages from a scrapbook, a charm necklace—and a newspaper article from 1939 about the #body of an infant found floating in the Savannah River.
The necklace’s charms tell the story of three friends during the 1930s— each charm added during the three months each friend had the necklace and recorded her life in the scrapbook. Piper always dismissed her grandmother as not having had a story to tell. And now, too late, Piper finds she might have been wrong.
My Opinion: I read this in one sitting! Its gripping, well written and completely different to anything I’ve ever #read. You just can’t put it down, it’s that good.
Price: $6.00 at amazon.com
- All the Exercises You Need to Tone a Flabby Tummy ... 8704
- Scarf It up: 17 Fashionable Ways to Wear a Scarf This Winter ... 6776
- 7 Exercises That Target That Pesky Cellulite ... 5295
- 34 Stunning Vintage Dresses You Are Going to Want in Your Closet ... 41018
- 7 Ways to Make Him Regret Breaking up with You ... 40612